So you don’t drink. Drink alcohol that is. This doesn’t mean you can’t have fun making some cool looking and delicious drinks. Throwing a mocktail party is a great excuse for a party. Here are some tips and recipes to make your night of mocktails a success.
1. Choose an event that would compliment a mocktail party or use it to add a special pizzazz to a party. Invite your guests and make sure they dress in cocktail attire.
2. Chose an array of specialty drink recipes such as the ones listed below. By choosing at least three, your chances of having something that will appeal to each of your guests greatly increases. Also make sure you’re ready to offer some of the traditional drinks such as a Roy Rodgers (Coca-Cola with grenadine and cherries) or a Shirley Temple (Sprite with grenadine and cherries) as well as sparkling water and chilled water. Create a menu with the ingredients of each drink for your guests to check out to add some excitement.
3. Serve each of the drinks in festive glassware with some type of decorative item to garnish the drink such as a toothpick paper umbrella, a lemon rind, etc. Choose coordinating napkins. Serve the mocktails to your guests and also leave a “bar” available for them to help themselves.
4. Play good music. If you put together a creative play list before the party starts, you will help set a relaxing, but fun atmosphere for the party. Your guests will mingle and indulge in good conversation in no time.
5. Finally, plan a party game. Make sure the game is simple because it’s only meant to be an icebreaker. Something like pictionary, Catch Phrase, or charades will do the trick.
6. Keep your mocktails fresh and well stocked. Remember a blended drink will need to be kept chilled. Offer to re-fill your guests drinks for them.
3oz orange-pineapple juice (pre-mixed)
1oz cranberry nectar Handful of crushed ice.
Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth (1-2 minutes).
Pour into glasses and serve.
8oz of bottled lemonade
4 scoops of lemon sorbet
Thin lemon and lime slices Mint sprigs (Optional)
Crushed ice For each glass of Sorbet lemonade cooler, place four scoops sorbet in a tall glass and add lemon/lime slices. Top with lemonade using the mint sprig as garnish.
4oz chilled apple juice
4oz white grapefruit juice
1⁄2 honeydew melon
Apple slices (garnish)
In a blender, combine apple juice, grape juice and the honeydew. Blend 1 minute or until honey dew and juices are smooth. Pour into chilled martini glasses with apple slices for garnishment.
1⁄4 fresh mango 1⁄4 banana Juice of half an orange
1 dash freshly squeezed limejuice
Blend the ingredients together with some cracked ice. Strain into a cocktail glass to service and garnish with a slice of mango.
Chilled sparkling white grape juice
Fresh orange juice
Fill half a champagne flute with orange juice. Pour grape juice to the rip and stir gently.
2 1⁄2cups seedless watermelon, roughly chopped
1/2cup strawberries, roughly chopped 1 tsp finely grated lime rind
1 1⁄2 Tbsp lime juice
12 ice cubes
Place all ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth. Pour into old-fashioned glasses to serve.
8oz chilled organic pineapple juice
Handful of ice
Pineapple wedges (garnish)
Mint leaves (garnish)
Fill a medium-sized glass with ice and pour in pineapple juice. Top with lemon-lime soda and garnish each glass with a mint leaf and pineapple wedge.
4oz orange juice
1 fresh peach Dash of grenadine
1⁄2cup ice Pop all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour into a tall glass to serve.
4oz fresh orange juice
3oz fresh lime juice
2 tsp grenadine
Put all of the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake well. Strain into a cocktail glass to serve.
2oz of chocolate or vanilla ice cream
1 can cream of coconut milk Large handful of crushed ice
8oz grenadine Hershey’s Dulce de Leche syrup
Prep the rim of a martini glass with the Hershey’s Dulce de Leche Syrup so that only the outer edge is covered. Next, blend the ingredients for 1-2 minutes until the mixture is smooth. Serve in the martini glass you already prepped.
1⁄2 glass of ice
4 oz orange juice
Place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Serve in a cocktail glass.
5oz cranberry juice
4oz apple juice
1oz coconut cream
2oz fresh lime juice
2 dashes grenadine Combine all of the ingredients in a blender with cracked ice and blend until smooth. Serve in a wine glass.
2oz of your favorite mint chocolate ice-cream
1oz coconut cream Large hand full of crushed ice
2oz half & half Chocolate syrup
Prep the rim of a martini glass with your favorite chocolate syrup so that only the outer edge is covered. Next combine the rest of your ingredients in a blender in a separate glass and stir until smooth. Pour into your martini glass and serve.
4oz raspberry juice
4oz freshly squeezed orange juice
1/2oz freshly pressed pineapple juice
Shake all of the juices in a shaker with ice. Strain into a cocktail glass and touch up with the lemonade.